Road Trip 2003



Hello Lovely Readers,
20 years ago we took our 1st road trip together to celebrate my 37th birthday. Before we left, he gave me my present, a Build-A-Bear bunny {I ❤ 🐇}. If you have ever been to one, you know there is a process to making them, and I would have loved to actually have seen him do the dance, and everything else. He named her "Dirty Girl" and dressed her in a little black pleather skirt, biker boots and a pink off the shoulder shirt. I still have it all.

We decided to drive to the Grand Canyon and then go to Vegas. Neither of us had been to the Grand Canyon, and it was Javier's first trip to Las Vegas. I was three months pregnant so lots of potty breaks along the way. We stayed in a cute little town, Williams, AZ on Route 66. While at the Grand Canyon, I discovered Javier's fear of heights. He freaked out a bit when me and his baby got, what he thought was w-a-y too close to the edge. We hiked a bit and had a nice picnic at the top of the south side, while watching the sunset on my birthday. 

We also drove over to Sedona, where we found his name engraved on keychain. I would always look for his name on things when we went somewhere, but even in 2003 it was rare to find Hispanic names on souvenirs. When I was a girl it was rare to find my name on things, so I knew the struggle. Side story, that's how we came up with Connor's name, and why it's or, not er. We were in a shop in Seaport Village, San Diego and I was looking at zipper pulls, and saying "C" names out loud, and we both liked the same one. I wanted our son to find his name with the correct spelling on any souvenir item.

We then headed over to Vegas. It's a different experience being in Vegas pregnant, and we did a lot if nongambling/drinking things. My bunny even got a Vegas t-shirt. This picture was taken before going up the Eiffel Tower. Shows you how much he loved me, he powered through it because I wanted to go. We has a great time on our 1st of many road trips we took over the almost 18 years we were together.

I miss him so much...