It's a Barbie World


Hello lovely readers,
I grew up in the 70's, a proud Gen-Xer. One of my favorite toys was Barbie. I received a new one each Christmas and I had all of her accessories, too. My favorite was  the 1977 Superstar Barbie. My outfit for the day was inspired by her. I've always been a pink loving girl, and thought I would be too much in a hot pink jumpsuit but I fit right in...

So besides the movie, which was fantastic, and very empowering, Los Angeles, or more specifically Santa Monica had a fun, fan experience. It's a Barbie World included a life-size dreamhouse living room, kitchen & closet. We were able to "swim" in her pool that was full of bubbles. Then we ventured over to her camper. Her first one came out when I was kid, and they had one that we could "drive." There was also a beach, a campfire & "fountain."

There were human-sized boxes that we could pose in, and a cute wall of shoes. Upstairs was a museum, runway, recording studio, newsroom and airplane/spacecraft. It was so fun stepping into Barbie's world for an afternoon.

Check out the 4 part series first posted on my IG reels @stephanieleonacross

Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV

Until next time...

xo, Steph








First posted on Cross Talk, the blog of Cross Pro Biz & Reels on @stephanieleonacross