The Proposal




Kevin surprised me with a spontaneous weekend trip to Santa Barbara. We spent the day riding bikes across town, walking on the beach and wine tasting. At sunset, Kevin took me to a secluded bluff overlooking the ocean. We could see the entire Santa Barbara coastline, lit beautiful shades of orange from the setting sun. We were surrounded by flowers and completely alone in our perfect spot. Kevin turned to me, took my hands and got down on one knee to propose. He asked me if I would spend the rest of my life having fun with him. I said "yes" a million times, through tears, of course. Kevin put a gorgeous diamond on my finger and we both went to dinner with riduculous smiles on our faces. We ate at Bucatini restaurant, where everyone congratulated us and asked how we met and how he proposed, etc..(we were grinning like idiots and taking pictures of the ring, so people figured out pretty quickly what was going on.) At dinner we exchanged stories about the events leading up to our engagement day. He told me how sneaky he was, and I told him how much I knew.
Kevin planned an incredible day and a perfect engagement. I couldn't have written it better myself.