Beverage Monday. Tequila!!!!

Today we are featuring Tequila.
Which in the right hands can be like a fine cognac or great wine. With that in mind, how about a tequila tasting at your couple's shower? or your destination wedding in Mexico? Or even your wedding here in a Spanish style venue. How unique would that be? Serve Mexican specialties, have a taco bar, have a tequila lounge. There are so many different varieties, price levels and tastes beyond Jose Cuervo!!!

For those of you less inclined to taste tequila straight here are a couple of recipes.

Spicy Margarita

1 1/2 oz Sauza Hornitos Tequila
Splash spicy tequila
1/2 oz Grand Marnier®
Sweet and Sour
paprika
salt
lime powder
Serrano pepper

Add ice into a Shaker. Put all the ingredients into a shaker then shake. Pour into a glass rimmed with paprika, salt, and lime powder. Garnish with a slice of Serrano pepper.

Recipe from Fine Living



Besitos {Kisses}

1.5 parts Anejo Tequila
1 part Limoncello
1 part Stoli Citrus
Dash of grenadine
Juice of half a lemon
Put all the ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Shake well, strain the ice and serve in a martini glass, garnish with a gummy heart.

Recipe from Drink of the Week

A little back story, I'm a Southern California Girl & I cocktailed in a Mexican restaurant for 3 years so I have served & drank my fair share of Margarita's & shots of Tequila. Tequila also meant a massive hangover the next day or running down to TJ when you're under age. So when on one of our 1st dates my {now} husband ordered Corralejo Tequila and drank it like cognac, I was a little taken aback. I never really thought of drinking it that way, never really wanted to. The quicker I swallowed it the quicker I could chase it. This post is for Mr. Joyeux the man who showed me there's a different way to drink {enjoy} tequila. Corralejo Anejo{the red bottle} is his favorite.